A wide-open market promises to get deeper as industry begins the migration from open-pit to deep drilling.
In addition to more familiar inventory needs such as heavy construction, extraction, processing and safety equipment — and related parts, repair and maintenance supplies — specialized products and services in higher demand include drilling rigs, hardened drill bits, blasting, mine-ventilation, robotics, mine doors, underground logistical systems, geo-testing, remote optical sensors and other deep-drilling-related technologies.
- Heavy equipment, processing equipment, machinery and parts
- Energy, engineering services and electrical articles; automation and control
- Advisory services, human resources and training
- Logistics, telecommunications and complementary services
- Process & construction engineering
- Hardware and tools
- Civil and industrial safety
- Exploration, exploitation, surveying and drilling
Special Focus: USA Guest Nation
Click for Facts About Mining in Chile Click for Opportunities at Exponor Chile 2017
In 2015, EXPONOR hosted more than 1,000 exhibitors from 30 countries, and 40,000 visitors, including buyers from some of the regions's biggest operators — BHP Billiton, Rio TInto, Anglo American, Freeport-McMoran, Barrick Gold, Glencore and Codelco. To foster conversation, organizers coordinated more than 100 technical talks and nearly 2,000 meetings with mining company executives.
Organizers estimate the last edition generated nearly $1 billion in sales among participants, and the show is expected to grow in 2017.
3 Strategic Conferences staged for Exponor 2017: "Global Mining, National Challenges", "Virtuous Mining: a Platform for Chile's Future" and "Mining Investment Projects in Chile."
7 Mining companies hosted on-site visits in 2015: Sierra Gorda SCM, Codelco División Chuquicamata, Codelco División Ministro Hales, Codelco División Radomiro Tomic, Spence - BHP Billiton Pampa Norte, SQM, Barrick Zaldivar y Rockwood Litio
1,825 Face-to-Face meetings took place during Exponor 2015 between 463 exhibiting companies and 85 mining company executives.
108 Technical Talks took place, an increase of 20% compared to 2013's event.
Two After-Office Networking sessions were organized at Exponor 2015: The Asia-Pacific Evening with delegations from the United States, New Zealand, Brazil, Peru, Mexico, Canada, China and other Asian countries, and the Europe-Africa Evening with delegations from Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Spain, Austria, the Netherlands and South Africa.
The USA Partnership Pavilion is your export advantage at EXPONOR. Because it presents the highest concentration of U.S. equipment and services at the show, it's a magnet for buyers looking for American quality, innovation and partnership. As the designated "Host Nation", the U.S. will be featured in pre-show and on-site activities that will surely attract more interest from buyers, opinion-leaders and influencers.
In addition to our complete suite of pre-show, on-site and post-show services, capitalize on the extra attention, activities and access we're planning to generate for American suppliers:
- Participation of U.S. Commercial Service representatives from Latin American capital cities
- Industry briefings with representatives of local/regional mining companies
- Focal Area for Sustainable Energy in Mining
- B2B Meeting Facilitation
- Networking Opportunities to meet with regional and international visiting delegations and dignitaries
- Continuing a five-year tradition stretching between MINExpo in Las Vegas to EXPONOR in Antofagasta, our evening "Miners’ Night Out" will welcome an entourage of VIP’s from government and industry
- Heightened media coverage of the USA Partnership Pavilion due to our appointed status as the featured Host Nation