Employment at kallman
Kallman Worldwide, Inc. is a recognized leader in the trade show and exhibition services industry, expertly supporting U.S. companies at trade shows around the world. Our clients include industry giants as well as small and medium-sized enterprises in the aerospace & defense, medical, mining, oil & gas and related industries. At present we have 40 employees divided between our North Jersey headquarters and Santiago, Chile offices.
We are always interested in hearing from talented professionals who work effectively with others and have a strong interest in international tradeshows. In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits program and a high-energy, entrepreneurial work environment.
Even when we may not have a current job opening, we would like to hear from experienced professionals or those with a passion for our industry, as positions may become available at any time. Our professional roles include:
- Sales & Marketing
- Show Project Management
- Graphic Design
- Visitor Relations
- Exhibition Coordination
- Exhibitor Receptions
- Media Receptions
If interested, please send a cover letter along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sales Associate – Custom Builds
Kallman Worldwide, an established leader for several decades in the international trade show industry, is seeking an assertive, highly energetic individual to sell custom exhibits. Person will be responsible for the entire sales process, from initial contact to coordinating design process with vendors to (where applicable) onsite fulfillment. This is a great opportunity for someone with an interest in international business and occasional international travel within a small but dynamic and growing organization.
Essential Duties Include but are not Limited to:
- Gather leads and find new business through in-house sales leads, trade show attendance, internet and telephone.
- Analyze client requirements (including understanding what the client does) in order to present comprehensive designs/proposals that meet clients marketing objectives.
- Liaise with designer and/or contractor to convert client needs into comprehensive proposal and follow-through until show-time
- Financial Responsibilities:
- Work within client budget while providing maximum return
- Pricing and negotiating, both with client and with vendors
- Categorizing of expense and revenue
- Travel and attend shows, conferences, and other selling and networking opportunities.
- Determine reasons for loss of bids to competitors and which competitors were awarded the contracts to aid in decision making and strategy going forward.
- Plan trade show attendance in advance by pre-setting appointments, targets and goals.
- Responsible for knowledge and fulfillment of operational aspects for each client including deadlines, rules and regulations of show, fees, registrations, etc.
- Meet or exceed targets set for percentage of repeat business.
- Some tradeshow experience preferred
- Strong negotiating ability
- Forward thinker, idea driven
- Strong communicator
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint & Excel), VISIO, CRM
- Ability to travel both internationally and locally is required
- Ability to multitask
Bachelors Degree (Sales, Marketing or Business preferred)
Minimum of two years related sales experience.
We offer a competitive salary with year-end bonus potential as well as medical benefits, 401(k) with generous company match and paid time off. This is a great opportunity to work in a busy and congenial atmosphere. If interested, please send a cover letter along with your resume and salary requirements. Please note that candidates must include their salary requirements to be considered.
Kallman Worldwide, Inc. is a recognized leader in the trade show and exhibition services industry, expertly supporting U.S. companies at trade shows around the world. Our clients include industry giants as well as small and medium-sized enterprises in the aerospace & defense, medical, mining, oil & gas, security and maritime industries. We are presently seeking an Operations Manager who will be responsible for overall logistical and budgetary management of our U.S. pavilions with an emphasis on event execution to include determine all event requirements and overseeing execution of same.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop overall group goals and plans including cost management and assignment of team members for each event.
- Oversee pre-planning for selected events, including on-site execution of outside local staffing, floor management, conference room sets, signage placement, sponsor fulfillment, vendor management, and monitoring of equipment orders.
- Review stand design proposals and choose pavilion builder in conjunction with Project Manager.
- Attend show (as needed) and manage on-site logistics and day to day work scope.
- Hold regular pre-event meetings with conference team to discuss on-site requirements.
- Manage negotiations with related vendors (AV, security, signage and services).
- Determine and manage order process and budget management of graphics, electrical, and furniture
- In coordination with Project Manager, review lounge, business center, executive clubs and welcome center plans and adjust accordingly.
- Be aware of and take advantage of pricing economies of scale world-wide.
- Initiate and implement inter-departmental process as well as process with vendors and exhibitors for increased efficiency.
- Work with managers of other departments to ensure overall show success. Optimize communications with Project Managers to increase client satisfaction.
- Monitor competitor products and adapt others’ practices where applicable.
- Set Ops team travel in accordance with multiple show schedule
- Oversee hiring, training, coaching and performance evaluations for team.
- Ensure that shows positively influence clients’ perception of ROI for their participation by trying to achieve near-flawless execution of event.
- Demonstrated ability to focus on key issues, research and integrate information and work with others to formulate recommendations and develop approaches to resolving issues and problems.
- Strong knowledge of available outside resources as well as competitors
- Demonstration of ability to be proactive in approaching problems and solutions.
- Forward thinker, idea driven
- Strong communicator, both oral and written
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and multi-tasking ability
- Viewed as a leader as well as subject matter expert
- Strong computer skills, aware of how technology can improve procedures
- Ability to travel at least 25% of time including international travel
Bachelors Degree in Business preferred.
Minimum of five years progressively responsible, related experience.
Tradeshow coordination experience a must.
We offer a competitive salary with year-end bonus potential as well as medical benefits, 401(k) with generous company match and paid time off. This is a great opportunity to work in a hard-working but congenial atmosphere. Please send resumes with a brief cover letter and salary requirements.