HELPING BUSINESS CONNECT THROUGH TRADE SHOWS • TRADE MISSIONS • SPECIAL EVENTS • CUSTOM DISPLAYS
Employment at Kallman
Kallman Worldwide, Inc. is headquartered in Northern NJ. We are always interested in hearing from talented professionals who work effectively with others and have a strong interest in international tradeshows. In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits program and a high-energy, entrepreneurial work environment.
Tradeshow Project Manager
Kallman Worldwide, Inc. is a recognized leader in the trade show and exhibition services industry, expertly supporting U.S. companies at trade shows around the world. Throughout our 50 year history, we have helped over 10,000 multinational companies and governmental agencies achieve their trade show goals. Our clients include industry giants as well as small and medium-sized enterprises in the aerospace & defense, medical, mining, oil & gas, security and maritime industries.
We are presently seeking an experienced project manager in our Waldwick, NJ office to be responsible for planning and managing the successful and profitable execution of assigned shows. This is a highly visible position with significant opportunity to influence business outcomes. Over time, incumbent will also be responsible for identifying, evaluating and recommending potential new projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create the Show “Plan” in conjunction with relevant departments.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Show Organizer and other stakeholders.
- Work with assigned Sales Associate to oversee the fulfillment of the sales plans including evaluating additional revenue sources and ensuring sales deadlines are met.
- Oversee administrative functions and provide guidance to support staff in creation and dissemination of sales packages (provide content, logos, dates, historical information, market information, etc.).
- Determine timing and content of information to be sent to exhibitors from Marketing, Operations, Creative Services, Finance, and Sales. Create and monitor a calendar of the information.
- Approve floor plan, including negotiating space with Show Organizer and ensuring space is maximized. Coordinate with Operations with respect to technical aspects of floor plan.
- Work with Customer Relations to create, distribute and evaluate Exhibitor and Visitor surveys.
- Assist with creating sales opportunities for Creative Services clients as well as Sponsorships.
- Implement, maintain, and utilize Checklist with Show Team. Ensure all items are assigned and completed in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate with webmaster to update Kallman website with current and relevant information for assigned shows including post-show transition.
- Manage all aspects of event planning: venue booking, menu approval and pricing, invitee list and invitation creation, attendance tracking, event graphics, logistics of A/V equipment, etc.
- Work with Exhibitor Services department on final pavilion layout: lounge design, Email Center, Business Center, Conference Rooms, Executive Clubs, Welcome Center and Presentation Areas.
- In conjunction with Client Relations, manage communications with Sponsorship Clients and ensure promised materials are delivered upon.
- Ensure appropriate post-show follow-up with exhibitors and sponsors.
- Assist in identifying and evaluating feasibility of potential new projects (Trade Missions, Symposiums, etc.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Tradeshow Industry
- Past experience with selling or managing tradeshows
- Knowledge of industry in which assigned shows operate (not required upon hire, will need to learn)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment and discretion
- Strong communicator, both oral and written
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment
- Multi-tasking ability is essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Business, Marketing or International Studies
- Minimum of three years related experience.
- Some formal education in project management is desirable
This is a salaried position with bonus potential. We offer medical benefits, 401(k) with generous company match and paid time off. This is a great opportunity to work in a hard-working but congenial atmosphere. Please send resumes with a brief cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com
Even when we may not have a current job opening, we would like to hear from experienced professionals or those with a passion for our industry, as positions may become available at any time. Our professional roles include:
- Sales & Marketing
- Show Project Management
- Graphic Design
- Visitor Relations
- Exhibition Coordination
If interested, please send a cover letter along with your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org